Monday, January 11, 2010

Cohen & his adventures in Nursery!

Yes, you heard me right, NURSERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER thought this day would EVER come!!! Holy cow......

Okay, so Cohen will be 18 months in 2 1/2 weeks... (oh my gosh, I can't believe it!!!) Which means, he gets to start nursery, which means, I get to sit in all my church meetings, and actually get to listen, and enjoy them! :) Well yesterday at church, I asked the Nursery Leader if it would be OK if I started Cohen now, while I am in there with him, to just get him used to it. Man, I wish I had a video camera in there... cause it was pretty dang awesome (good & bad)!! He absolutely loved it. Luckily he's a pretty independent and 'chill' kid, so it doesn't take a lot to keep him happy. He sat at the table eating snacks, and drinking out of a little Dixie cup, he danced in the middle of the classroom during singing time, and he was able to find all the cars and trucks in the toy bins! However, it made me realize, there are a few things I need to teach him! Like coloring... I have NEVER colored with him! I never knew when to start coloring with him! Cause anytime he was near crayons, he would eat them! So while the kids were coloring, I wouldn't let Cohen put the crayons in his mouth, so he got mad and wanted to just run around! So guess what we bought at Target today... yep, a coloring book!! :) The other thing is discipline... not like time outs or anything... We have FOUR nursery's. yes, FOUR. And they rotate from class to class for different things. Well while the kids were walking to the other side of the church, they were all holding onto a string with handles. Yeah, Cohen didn't understand that, and just ran down the hallway!! And then during singing time, like I mentioned before, all the kids were sitting reverently in their chairs while the leader sang songs... and here's Cohen, in the middle of the room dancing!! He wouldn't just sit. So he definitely has some learning to do... but all in all, it was pretty dang amusing. Jeff said he peeked in the window to see what he was doing, of course he was just content with the toys!

I really think he is going to enjoy it in there... Only time will tell.....

2 comments:

Brittany Schmidt said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he is old enough for NURSERY! It just doesn't hit home. It is great to here all of the things that Cohen had trouble with and to think I can work on those things with Macy. Good work though. I'm glad he loved it.

shanda said...

I loved the cars part. I was laughing out loud to my self during that post. Good luck on all of the new things the try with him I am sure he will pick it up very quickley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...