Tuesday, January 19, 2010

31 Days of being Thankful: day 18

Today I've had just one of those days. When you think everything is going wrong.... Well so today I am thankful for trials. It's a funny way the Lord blesses us everyday. And sometimes you don't think of them as "blessings" but as "punishments", Am I right?? Well it was interesting today, cause this first half of the day started out really poopy. But then I spent mid-day spending time with one of my best friends. I guess you could call it "service" but I was just thinking of it as hanging out with a friend that is on bed rest, and could probably use some company. Once I got to her house, I didn't even think twice about my stupid, petty, little problems that were going on in my head.... I was too concerned about helping her out.

When anything bad happens, you always think, "WHY ME?!?!?!" at least I do. Well ya know what... "WHY NOT YOU!??" I know that the Lord gives all of us different trials, because he knows that we can handle them. He knows that we will get through it, and figure it out. Yes it sucks, but man, we are just so much better because of it. And hopefully we learn from it, and just move on.

So I am thankful that we have "not-so-great" days every now and again... just to put us back on track.

1 comment:

shanda said...

I can't tell you enough how much you mean to me. I love you and thank you so much for all that you have and do for me. You are truly a blessing in my life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...