Monday, December 22, 2008

thankful for the snow storm

So I can't believe I'm saying this, but we are in the middle of a huge snow storm! And there is NO sign of it stopping!! I honestly can't believe it! I've never seen Portland like this. Today on the news, they said that the airport is measuring 14 1/2 inches, and we probably have a couple more inches than that here!! This is just crazy!!!! Every time I look out the window, I feel like I'm looking at a picture... it just seems so unreal! For the past two days we have been safely stuck at my parents house. I had to work yesterday morning, so Jeff, Cohen and I stayed at my parents house, cause I work just down the road. And I had jeff take me in my parents blazer with chains on. Now we really are stuck here... But man oh man am I thankful for this blizzard! You're probably wondering why the heck would I be grateful that I"m stuck somewhere, without my things, and not able to go anywhere.... well let me explain.

Because of this storm... there have been a lot of stores that are closed. And hardly anyone can travel, unless they have 4 wheel drive AND have chains on. So this has pretty much forced families to stay home and spend time with their families. I have been having soooo much fun with my family. And I feel that this is the meaning of Christmas. Spending time with our families, showing love for one another and eating yummy food! :) Luke and Jenny and their cute kids are in town. They luckily came in before all this happened. And usually when they come, I hardly get to spend any time with Luke, cause he's off with the boys. But because everyone has been stuck here, we've been able to truly spend time with each other! I just feel that the "material" part of Christmas has been put on hold, and we can truly celebrate the true meaning of christmas with our families.

I feel really bad for those stuck at the airport. It really makes me sad... and I hope they will be able to travel to their families soon! I am so thankful I'm in a warm, house filled with food, and a warm bed to sleep in.

I'm thankful for my parents, who have generously taken us in during all this. My dad has done everything imaginable to keep us safe... whether it's taken us to and from work, shoveled the driveway, or shoveled our cars out of the snow! And my mom has done everything to keep us fed with yummy food and have warm beds! Thank you!

So here are some pictures from these past couple of days....
This was last night. After we took this picture we measured it with a ruler, and it was just under a foot.... this morning when we measured, we lost the ruler! It was too deep!




Cute little Gwen playing with her cousin Cohen!


These ice chunks came off Allie's car!



Uncle Nick with Jefferson
Cohen in his saucer. He LOVES this thing!!

1 comment:

Carrie Ross said...

Your little guys is the perfect mix of the two of you! I love it! I miss you so much...please tell me your visiting soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...