Saturday, December 19, 2009

Anniversary in Vegas!

Alright, alright... it's been a little while since I've posted last. But I'm here now... so enjoy!

For our four year wedding anniversary, Jeff and I headed south to Vegas! We spent Friday in St. George, all day saturday in Vegas, and then came home Sunday. Cohen was with Jeff's parents, which I have to say was probably the best gift of all!! It was so nice to not have "responsibilities"! Jeff and I came down with colds on the way down there... so that was fun! Friday evening we went and saw A Christmas Carol! That movie is GOOD! We really liked it.

okay so onto Saturday... We got to Vegas at around 11 am just in time for lunch at In-N-Out! We then spent the next 10 hours walking, walking and did I mention walking??? Holy cow, we crammed a lot of Vegas in! It was so fun though... we got to see sooo much cool stuff. I have been to Vegas two other times, but this was the first time I have actually experienced Vegas!



Do they really need their faces THAT big?!? Geez, just about scared me half to death when i first saw this on the side of the Flamingo hotel!

Okay, I have to mention this. You know the fountains at the Bellagio hotel? Yes, you do... the ones at the end of Ocean's 11... the biggggg ones. Welllll I have never seen them before! So while we were going in and out of Hotels, I was getting suggestions from my parents on what to see, and what not to see. My dad said that of course we "HAVE to see the fountains at the Bellagio hotel, but DON'T waste your time during the day, wait until night time!" So while we were at the top of the Eiffel Tower in the Paris hotel, we heard some chimes. We looked at our watch, and knew that it was time for the fountain to start! We got so excited that we were going to be up there to see it! Then we hear a announcement, that due to high winds, they would not be showing the fountain show! So the third time to Vegas, and I have YET to see the Fountain!! :( But don't worry, I saw a GIGANTIC Donny & Marie!!

Here are pics from the day... We had the most magnificent dinner ever at the Paris Hotel buffet! Oh my word, I had crab legs coming out of my ears!!!! It was sooo nice, and sooo yummy!

This picture was taken right before we left, in Cesar's Palace! Oh my gosh, we weren't even faking our faces... we were sooooooo tired. Actually... like the last hour or so before we left, Jeff kept complaining about his feet hurting and that he thought he had blisters. Well I didn't give him much sympathy, since helloo.... I'm pregnant, and I wasn't complaining at all! When we got home (back to St. George), he took off his shoes, and he had the BIGGEST blisters I have ever seen, on BOTH his feet!!! I felt so bad!

Okay, my favorite things about Vegas: The New York New York(I seriously think they were the only hotel that served Pepsi product!!), the Paris Hotel, The beautiful Venetian.... And The Wynn. Although I honestly felt like the dirtiest, poorest person walking through the Wynn. It was filled with the most HIGH END stores I have only heard about from TV! They even had a designer CELL PHONE STORE! yes, they were covered with diamonds and gold!

It was a fantastic trip, and I can't wait to go back! Believe it or not, we didn't gamble at all. Not even a quarter! We didn't even think about it! Kind of nice!

I'm so thankful for Jeff, and for our marriage! It's been a whirlwind first four years... and I love how our "love" is now growing into our own little family! It's been exciting and I can't wait for the years to come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...