Thursday, May 31, 2012

My new smile....

I have been so unhappy with the way my front (nasty, white-trash) tooth looks. In fact, whenever I have a picture of me with my smile, I HAVE to edit the color before posting, or sending, or printing... And it actually drives me nuts when other people take pictures of me, because I know I won't be able to edit that stupid tooth!! Sad, I know.


EVERYONE always would tell me, "Oh, I haven't ever noticed it before!" And what I have to say to that is: YEAH RIGHT.



So, I finally did something about it.


Here is the beautiful BEFORE picture right before I went to the dentist....











The AFTER!!





TA-DA!!!!! My award winning new smile! And I *LOVE* it! Woo Hooooo!



So here's what happened... When I was 17, I had a root canal on that tooth. The dentist wasn't able to finish it in that appointment, so he put a temp filling in until he could finish it. Well he never did. A few months later, it was turning black. I then went to Dr. Packham, and he fixed it up. He bleached it from the inside out, and finished the filling and sent me on my way. Over the years it had faded again. So a friend of mine works at Dr. Gregson's, and referred me to him. He cleaned out my nasty tooth, and bleached it from the inside out, three times (over the course of a week and a half). Then he closed up the tooth, added some sort of bonding to the bottom of it so it matched the other front tooth, then polished the front two teeth and got rid of the jagged bottom! (Yeah, I know... I'm so technical with my verbiage!) If you want to know the actual terms and things that were used, check out that link above. They posted pictures of the process of my tooth, with what was actually done. :)


All in all, I am so thrilled with the outcome! Dr. Gregson did an AMAZING job. And was so awesome through the whole process. Made me feel so comfortable, and explained everything so well to me as we went. Oh, and I can't forget his team too! Just great!


Sometimes I catch myself looking in the mirror at my teeth... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!

I love how your smile is even happier in the second one.

I feel the same way about my 'five'head. I know I have one, and when people say, "no, you don't have a large forehead, I don't know what you're talking about" I say to myself: YEAH RIGHT.

I think it's awesome that you were able to keep the tooth, at first I thought you were going to say that you got a fake put it. Nope! And that is awesome.

CONGRATS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...