Sunday, June 27, 2010

Molly's Blessing Day

My parents and Tracey came into town a few weekends ago. So we decided to bless Molly then. My wonderful, talented mother made Molly (which was really a present for me :) ) a blessing dress! Being as busy as she was with her finals, and getting Taylor ready for his mission, she sewed this GORGEOUS dress. I love it so much, and am so grateful that now she has something to pass on. I love traditions! So here are the pics of her dress...

Her blessing was wonderful. What a special day it was for our little family. Jeff was so sweet. And I'm so grateful to those that were able to be there. We tried to get some family pictures, but of course, Cohen wouldn't have anything to do with it. Hopefully one day, he'll cooperate so we will actually have proof of a family of four!! :)
Here are more pictures from that wonderful day!

Family traditions are something that means so much to me. So luckily we have a very special family tradition we got to carry on with Molly. On top of the sweet blessing dress my mom made, she also wore a blessing dress that has been around for a LONG time! (I really hope i get all this info right!) When my grandpa Graham was in World War II, he flew on the back of a fighter plane. It was shot down, and the parachute he was wearing, saved his life by catching on a tree in Belgium. His mother took that parachute (what was left), and made a gorgeous blessing dress out of it. All of his children, my dad, and his siblings were blessed in it. Then most of their children, my cousins, were blessed in it, and now all our children are being blessed in it! So all my siblings wore it, including me. Cohen, and now Molly have worn it! It's soooo wonderful. I LOVE this tradition so much. Especially cause it all started with my sweet Grandpa.

Here is a picture of Molly wearing the parachute dress, on top of Grandma Lish's dress! Sweetest picture of the day!!

I just remembered something else. A few months before Molly was born, my mom and I were talking about baby blankets. She asked if I had *my* baby blanket. I didn't know what she was talking about. So she told me about my blanket that my grandma Lesamiz made me. A few weeks before I was born, my mom took a trip to stay with her parents. (I hope I get this story right too!) While she was there she starting sewing a baby blanket. She thought I was a boy, so she hurried and finished the boy blanket before she had to go. When I came out a girl, my Grandma made the girl blanket for me! The blanket is absolutely gorgeous, and so precious to me!

Well, after Jeff and I found out we were having a girl, we threw around different middle names, since we were already pretty set on Molly. Lola, being one of them. Well right after i heard this story, I KNEW she needed to be named after my Grandma, for MANY different reasons, but just hearing this story, and knowing Molly would be using the blanket too, IT WAS JUST MEANT TO BE!!! So in the picture above, that is the blanket she is laying on.

and the pictures below is ME, on the day I was blessed!! Wearing the parachute dress, and laying in the same blanket. Ahhhhh I just love it! (sorry the quality of the pictures are bad... I took these two with my phone!)

I am just so thankful for Molly. She is such a little princess, and she sure looked, and acted like one on this day! I love her so much, and I'm so glad she's a part of our family. She is such a blessing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooooooooooooo, Jen! What fun stories! Especially that dress, what an AMAZING tradition...I can still remember being there for Cohen's blessing, it doesn't seem that long ago AT ALL. Just know that if you were close, we would want you guys at Ethan's! xoxoxo

shanda said...

she is just so beautiful. I bet it was a very special day. Sorry we missed it. Thanks for the invite. Love ya guys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...